Sleep Studies are offered at MedWest Sleep Disorders Center in Sylva, Clyde, and Franklin. Specially trained sleep technicians evaluate and diagnose patients with a wide variety of sleep abnormalities and related wakeful disorders.
Most sleep disorders can be effectively treated once accurately diagnosed. Some conditions may require medication while others may only require a change in daily habits or work schedule.
If you exhibit any of the following symptoms on a recurring basis, you should seek medical attention:
- Loud Snoring
- Awakening yourself with your own snoring
- Waking up non refreshed and having trouble staying awake during the day
- Waking up with headaches
- Waking up during the night with the sensation of choking or gasping for breath
- Waking up sweating
- Sleeping at inappropriate times
- Temporary weakness of body or speech muscles occurring with excitement or strong emotions
- Sleep walking
- Talking nightmares
- Disturbing dreams
- Sleep related seizures
- Repeated movement of legs during sleep
- Dissatisfaction with the quality or amount of sleep
Your personal physician can assess your situation and if necessary refer you to Sleep Services for further evaluation.