Because we know visits from family and friends will help you recover, your guests are welcome.
However, since rest is also an important part of your treatment, we must monitor visits so that they do not interfere with your rest and treatment.
You and your visitors can help by becoming familiar with the hospital's visiting regulations:
- Visits should be brief and should not disturb other patients
- Visitors should talk quietly
- Anyone with a cold, sore throat, fever, or communicable illness should not visit
- Children, under 12 years of age, may visit when accompanied by an adult
- It is best to leave younger children at home or in the lobby with a relative or friend
- MedWest-Harris is a smoke-free, weapons-free and alcohol-free campus
Visitors may park in any of the designated parking areas around the hospital campus. We ask that you do not park in reserved parking areas, which are clearly marked.
A chapel on the first floor provides quiet refuge for those seeking meditation or counseling. A chaplain is either on duty or on call 24 hours a day. Dial 7145, or 0 and ask the operator for the chaplain, or ask your nurse to contact the chaplain.
Visiting Hours and Regulations
General Medical/Surgical Units:
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Two visitors per patient at one time
Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Unit:
- Fathers are welcome at all times
- Hours for others: 12 noon - 8 p.m. (15 minute limit requested)
- Siblings are welcome to see the patient and new baby after being checked by a nurse. They must wash their hands, put on a cover gown and be accompanied by an adult at all times
Harris Regional Hospital Gift Shop
- 15 minute visits at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Two family members may visit during each visiting period
- To avoid the spread of infection, visitors should wash their hands before and after visits
- Children can catch and carry infections more easily than adults. Therefore children under the age of 12 are not allowed to visit the ICU
- Most of our patients are on special diets and medications. Please do not bring food or drink to patients without first checking with their nurse
- Visitors should not offer tobacco or medicines to patients
- Because of their potential for bacterial and fungal growth, Flowers are not allowed in the ICU
- A doorbell is provided at the entrance to the ICU. If you wish to enter it is necessary to ring this bell and wait until someone answers. We ask that you ring so we may acknowledge you and determine whether your visit is permissible
- Unique and interesting gifts
- Lines include Willow Tree, Bean Pod, Gund, Jody Coyote and more
- Baby gifts, cards, balloons, candy
- Hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am until 5:00pm
- Closed weekends
- Visa and Mastercard accepted